If You Give a Dog a Donut – Donut Apple Slice Recipe
Here’s a fun activity to do with your child! Read If You Give a Dog a Donut and then make these tasty donut apple slices together.
- Suggested “frosting”: chocolate-hazelnut spread, peanut butter, cream cheese, strawberry or vanilla Greek yogurt
- Suggested toppings: small slices of strawberries, sprinkles, granola, and chocolate chips
- Slice the top and bottom from each apple and discard. Slice the apples into 1/2″ circles. Use a biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, piping tip, or small melon-baller to cut a hole in the center of each to make a “donut”.
- Put “frosting” in separate pastry bags (or put in separate ziplock bags and snip off a corner).
- Top the apple rings with the “frosting” of your choice. Pipe then spread carefully with a popsicle stick or spoon. Garnish each with a variety of the toppings.